12.25.2012

Mall Grab


Let's go back a little further then, well let's face it, a little further back then most of you were alive for. See back in 1985/86 I found my older brother's "bananna" board. I quickly sorted out how to not break my neck on the thing, and subsequently spent most of my waking summer days trying to ride the damned thing. Not once did I contemplate tightening up the trucks, oiling the bearings, or doing any sort of a setup on it.

Anyways, by the time school started for me in September 1988 my folks had kinda figured out that this whole Jim on a skateboard wasn't just a fad. As a huge surprise to myself, My folks got me this Killer "Slim Warp" complete, probably from Zellers, or Fields, or Kreskees, either way, some big department store chain that no longer exists. Plastic trucks, ABEC 1 bearings, 65mm wheels, nose pick guard, and rail slides.. I found my home.

Pictured above is me rocking a mall grab on the first day of school in 1988.

No comments:

Post a Comment