12.17.2012

The Mange - Second Foundation

http://www.themange.com

Seriously, I love Edmonton's The Mange, but try finding their shit online. If you don't know about them, you probably never will.  Firstly, they have the same name as a band in France called Le Manges, there is also another band that has been playing for a while down in the USA called the Mange, and even a Facebook search for either their "official" page, or the "Fan Army" page is pretty fruitless, EVEN if you're friends with the whole band.  AND you've clicked LIKE, BTW they need more Likes, but I digress.

I'm here to chat about this EP they put out this past summer. IF I could find a place to listen too it on the inter-webs. Sure I have physical copy of the album but dammit  I suspect that MOST of you don't, and that needs to change.  See the Mange have been Edmonton's best kept secret Punk/Pop Punk/Misfits Core band for about a decade.  I've had the privilege of playing gigs with them for the past six years, so I'm a little biased on how awesome I think they are.  

So now that we have a little bit of the history of the band out of the way, let's get down to just how awesome THE MANGE - SECOND FOUNDATION really is.  Firstly it manages to capture both the intensity and ferocity of the live show.  Secondly it's exactly what you want the Misfits next album too sound like. And Lastly it is only available direct from the band, on CD, and doesn't appear to exist online..

But i'll leave you with this rad YouTube video of some dude shaving off his `Movember stach to the title track.


---32--
THE MANGE


No comments:

Post a Comment