4.08.2013

DIY skate ethic still alive in my home town.

The kids are out digging out the park, bringing obstacles, and doing everything they can to get started on the skate season. On the north side of the town the city has stalled on building the new park. They started last fall, obviously gave up for the winter, and haven't started back at it yet.  Mind I did visit the site on Easter weekend saturday.  After sneaking through a fence, snapping some shots, this little dude busts me and tells me how illegal it is to be taking photos and wandering about..



Somewhere along the line while hanging at the park I had overheard that they were gonna start up a collection to help fund getting a new deck for one of the local rats.  Me i was just about ready to retire the deck I was on, purely because I have a new one I want to setup, so I made the dude a deal, if he could find a skate tool, and handed me back my wheels, trucks, & hardware, the deck was his.


- Jim Nowhere


---178---

No comments:

Post a Comment