7.26.2013

The Vat - July 20 - Law of Lucid

I've been wanting to check this band out for a long while. See they picked up a new bass player a little bit back. I grew up next to the guy, we played shitty nirvana covers and started a crappy cover band that never went anywhere.


Lets set this straight, they are what 90s alt rock should have aspired too. This is the progression that is natural. Not bullshit. Less Nickelback/Creed & Gin Blossoms, more Rage Against The Machine/Red Hot Chili Peppers & "Ten/Yield" era Pearl Jam [note: also No Code, my fav. PJ record]


The energy coming from the stage is intense, their front man part channeling Zack DeLaRocha and part Perry Farrell.  Mike killing the five string bass, guitars to ELEVEN, a drummer who, if needed, could probably replace Chad Smith. Once again someone on the keys making me realize just how awesome they can be. (Editing this for typos, and other things days later, I realize I've forgotten his name...)



Next time I may even have an audio clip...
Either way, I'm glad to see that the music scene in Red Deer is alive, and doing better than it has been in years.

- Jim Nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment