3.15.2013

The Fuzz Kings - Accentuate Everything


 An experiment in bringing back some Rockabilly? Or maybe just an Honest attempt to make some good `ol rock and roll. I'll let your ears decide. I know what mine think.

 But i'm not here to argue "genre" classifications, I'm here too listen to music, and when I dig, to tell you about it. Having only really given this thing a quick virtual spin at the moment, it caught me by surprise. Knowing how the Edmonton music scene works is part of that, also knowing the production values usually found on a self released record is another. So the first thing that blew me away was how good absolutely everything sounds, the second thing was excitement at how much better it will sound once I've a limited edition LP in my grubby hands and I'm cranking it through my home stereo, instead of just streaming it through my laptop speakers. But lets get to the meat and potatoes of this thing.

 My first impression was that I had traveled back in time about 50 years, tossed on some spats, and was getting ready to take my best girl for a night on the town. Solid grooves run right through this record (no pun intended) and catchy hooks that just make you want to pick up ones feet and get our collective asses down to the dance floor. Pick it up, give it a listen, and know that what you are hearing isn't from a bygone era, but brand new and about to hit a few local stages kicking off the summer of 2013.

 If you can catch The Fuzz Kings Live for the LP release party Saturday March 16, 2013 at Edmonton's The ARTery

 Jim Nowhere

 ---115---

thefuzzkings.bandcamp.com
www.fuzzkings.com
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment